Wednesday, July 30, 2008

$100,000 or more

Nissan has started another round of buyouts and the money is looking good.
Nissan is offering lump-sum buyouts of $100,000 or more to employeesat its assembly plants in Smyrna and Decherd, Tenn., the companyannounced this morning.

The voluntary buyouts for technicians and salaried employees also include medical and car purchase benefits.

Employees can receive lump sums of $100,000 or $125,000, depending on tenure, the company said.
The last round of buyouts produced a lot of accusations of abuse of the temp workers and other general ill defined charges. I wonder what they will be this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband is not taking the buyout. $100,000 is not that much after they take out roughly 40% for taxes. As for temp abuse, I'm not exactly sure what that's about. This is the first I've heard of it and my father is a manager. I think temps were generally under the impression that they will eventually be hired. In the 25 years that Nissan has been in Smyrna, they have never hired production technicians through a temp agency. Getting a job in the plant is a tedious string of interviews and tests.