Friday, March 26, 2010

County commission moonshiners?

I dropped by YouTube today and had a good laugh at the expense of the county commission. YouTube has a section where they recommend for you videos related to the subject matter of other videos you've watched before. At one time I had watched "County Commission Meeting - December 17, 2009" of the Rutherford county government. YouTube somehow saw our county government meeting and recommended this video as being related.

Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton was a famous moonshiner until his death in 2009. The quality of his product and his extreme desire to be left alone made him a legend in his own lifetime. This video interview was by Johnny Knoxville of 'Jackass' fame.

Now I know that local politics can be a bit backwards in some areas, but for YouTube to view our county meetings and connect them to moonshiners just made my day and gave me a good laugh. Thanks YouTube.

No comments: