Thursday, June 15, 2006

I Like To Move It, Move It!

Went to Movies in the Park tonight and it was really a great time. There were a variety of vendors there from BBQ to KD Fudd's, cotten candy and inflatables and all the glow sticks and glow toys that one might expect to see at a fun event.

Three of us were able to get in for $3.00. We brought our folding chairs and brought in our dinner and ate at the very spacious Smyrna Rotary Soccer. We could have eaten there. The concession stand was open and I saw funnel cakes. There were hotdogs going for $2.50. There was, of course, pop corn as well. As I set my chairs up, I lamented the fact that I had forgot to bring my camera.

Madagascar was the movie being shown this evening. I hadn't seen it before. I enjoyed it very much. I thought it was clever and loved the music. The screen was a giant, inflatable screen that served the purpose well and it was such a lovely evening around 77 degrees with very low humidity and few clouds in the sky.

Kids played in the park before, during and after the movie. At the end of the movie a good number of the kids were dancing and singing along with the rolling credits, "I like to move it, move it."

The Smyrna Parks and Recreation group are planning another Movies in the Park for July 14th, which is a Friday! Thank goodness because it was nearly 10:00 by the time I got out of there. They are collecting responses on what people would like to see. Cruise on over to their website and let them know.

I'll be there July 14th and this time I'll bring my camera. I only wish the parks had wireless internet, that would be way cool.

So, did you go? What comments do you have about it?

No comments: