Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Local elections this year

While the news is on the presidential elections there will be local elections the same time that will affect you.

In Smyrna Paul Johns, Mary Esther Reed (Bell), and James Yates terms expire, and their seats are up for grabs. No news this early in the year if they plan on running again, but this will be fun for me. I was not really paying attention to local politics when the 2005 election occurred, but I am now, and I plan on having fun.

Also there will be other elections that have had little press.
Closer to home, races for state House and Senate are under way, and Murfreesboro will hold elections April 15 for three City Council seats and Murfreesboro City School Board seats.

County general and state primary elections will be held Aug. 7 for state House seats and the 16th Senate District. Finally, state general and the presidential election will be held Nov. 4. Smyrna, La Vergne and Eagleville will also hold elections that day.
I'm thinking of making up a candidate questionnaire with your help for the local candidates and seeing what response I get as I share their answers with you.

No comments: