Thursday, March 8, 2007

Smyrna football player makes good

Smyrna high school football player Rodriguez Wilks is still in school, but has to make one of the tougher choices in his life.
Smyrna, Tennessee (Smyrna High School) wide receiver Rodriguez Wilks has plenty of reason to be a Vol given his brother Marsalous Johnson is playing in the Tennessee secondary, but for the 6-foot-1, 195 pound Wilks the recruiting process is just getting started
....
"I am looking at Tennessee hard like I said," Wilks offered. "They are my favorite but I am going to take all five visits. I am not doing anything early. I am going to take all five visits and then a couple of weeks after my last visit I am going to decide."

Wilks is not sure what five schools he will visit for sure, but right now the early bet is on Tennessee, LSU, Florida, Alabama and South Carolina. Wilks said he has written offers from all of them.
Rodriguez had 60 catches for 945 yards and 14 touchdowns last year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why aren't you still doing this? I find this very interesting. Would like to contribute some thought provoking comments.

Gunner said...

I followed the crowd. Less people every day are into blogs and I received better feedback from FaceBook. I have two pages there. This is Smyrna, TN and This is Smyrna Tennessee. Drop by there.

Gunner said...

I would love to publish your comments. Have at it.