Sunday, November 2, 2008

Remembering

Earlier this year on Feb 5th there was an election and Ginger at Ginger Snaps from LaVergne did not have a good experience at her voting site.
Suddenly, two men came up to me, one man had on a “crossing guard” vest over a Rutherford County Sheriff’s Department shirt. He proceeded to raise his voice at me and tell me that it was against the law for me to have a cell phone in the building, and I had no right to take any pictures. I said, “I’m sorry, I didn’t see any signs stating that I couldn’t, and I wanted to get some pictures of the long voting line.” That wasn’t good enough, and he moved toward me, reached his hand to me, and said that he wanted me to give him my cell phone right then.
Ginger did not take this lying down and the story gets rather interesting. Even people in line spoke up in her defence. Drop by and read about how a little power, and a few 'homemade' rules can make someone become all controlling.

No comments: