Monday, June 27, 2016

Fireworks.

The Town of Smyrna posted a few days ago on Face Book a reminder of fireworks ordinances. My view can best be said in a sarcastic reply on another forum about these laws.
"Celebrate freedom with traditional fireworks within these narrow time frames, with pre-approved and heavily regulated fireworks, in specific non residential areas in some cases on specific dates ONLY...or the authorities will be called. FREEDOM!!!!! Please do not yell 'freedom' overly loud due to noise ordinances. Thank you for celebrating your freedom in the government approved and allowed manner. See you next year."
I understand the issues of kids, vets, pets, etc I also see this as a yearly small event that we can live with. I guess as I grow older I get more grumpy about what I call, the bubble wrapped generation.

No comments: