Thursday, May 22, 2008

Good work


The town of Smyrna has treated one ordinance changes the right way and I am one to point out what they do right as much as wrong. Surprised?

The town Storm Water ordinances that are still in draft form have gotten their own page due to the complexity of the issue, and the page includes full pdf copies of all pertinent information plus draft copies, brochures, and FAQ sections. There is a lot of good information there for you.

I do hope that they keep this up with full draft copies of all ordinance changes. I feel that even if the change is as little as a single word, they should place online a whole copy of the section for people to read and compare. I like to fall back on the old "informed voters" line when it comes to this.

Information is power, and anything that stands between the people of Smyrna, and the needed knowledge will be brought up in open forums. The other side of the coin is that when a good thing is done, it will be complimented openly also.

2 comments:

GerryH said...

Thank you for brining this to my attension. I have recently written, in part on this subject, and I am very interested in what the Town of Smyrna is doing.

Gunner said...

"Written"?

Do you have a blog or your own website? would be interested in seeing your stuff.