Sunday, October 11, 2009

Animal care clinic


I have a new pug puppy that is 9 months old and was needing to get her groomed but Petsmart wouldn't groom her until she had her shots so Saturday I called around to see who was the cheapest as for my money is tight right now and every little bit of savings help me. The vet at Petsmart said each shot would cost me $36.00 and she needed at least 5 of these. Another vet in the area I called said it was going to be with office visit around $104.00 plus cost of nails being trimmed. I finally looked online and saw that the Smyrna Animal Clinic was open and had several good comments on them through the years so I called them. The lady that answered the phone was very helpful and she told me that her puppy shot would only cost me $36.00 and nails would be extra but I didn't care it saved me some money. I asked her about an office visit fee and she said that I wouldn't be charged one. How sweet. I arrived there about 15 minutes before appointment and talked with the lady at the front desk. She stated that DR KEY had been in Smyrna for over 40 yrs and he was the first Vet in town. The vet asst was so very helpful and nice to my puppy. The office isn't a new office and the vet is very down home and your not treated like a number or money in their eyes. I feel that this is going to be a good relationship between me, my puppy and the vet. They are open from Tuesday through Sat from about 9am till 5pm and they are thinking about opening up some on Mondays. Their phone number is 459-5652. Remember that your pets need their rabies vaccine and right now until Nov 1st they are $10.00 each so please call DR KEY and let them treat your pets. I will!!

4 comments:

Amber Vongsamphanh said...

Awww!! YAY for another pug owner in Smyrna! We have two and I just love them. Please post more pics of your new family member from time to time :)

mark said...

I will do so and I will be looking for a stud to breed her with as soon as she comes into heat. she only weighs 13 lbs and wont get any bigger. if you know of any male pugs that are able to breed let me know. thnx

Amber V said...

Hi Mark! Have you done your research yet on Pug Breeding? I would urge you to check out this link if you haven't, as it can be much more involved than many realize - http://www.pugauthority.com/general-medical-nutrition-f1/should-i-breed-my-pug-t1536.htm

We'd also love to have you as a member of the pug forum if you are so inclined :)

Gunner said...

Come on Amber! A little Barry White, a few candles, a warm romantic sunset and just let the magic occur. How involved can it really be?