Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One question puzzled me

When I did the recent police survey so they could get public feedback on their job and our views one question puzzled me. It asked if you knew of certain services and listed a whole slew of them...and one jumped out at me. The Alzheimer's Registration Program was one I had not heard of or could find much information on.

Well my weekly visit to the police website found that they now have this registration open for those who have the need,
The Smyrna Police Department is implementing an Alzheimer's Registration Program for residents who have a family member with this disease.

People with Alzheimer's can wander from a safe environment at any time, or any place and become lost (even in familiar settings). This can become life threatening for that individual.
..............
Anyone wishing to register a loved one who has Alzheimer's may do so by coming to the Smyrna Police Department and completing the Alzheimer's Registration Form. Please bring two (2) different photographs of the individual to be registered. You may also register nationally through the Alzheimer's Association by calling 1-888-572-8566, or on their website at www.alz.org
I'm glad this service is being offered because there really is a need.

No comments: