Monday, January 26, 2009

Taking back our neighborhood.

As many of our readers know by now, there has been some trouble going on in the older parts of town and as I have talked with my neighbors, they seem to feel the same way as I do. We are not going to let these thugs take over our neighborhoods and let them win. I have talked with the Smyrna police dept and we are going to set up a neighborhood watch. They also informed me that they are patrolling more and will be watching everything that is going on. I feel that if these thugs are caught they should be put in jail and made to learn their lessons. As a first time home buyer I am not going to let someone come and destroy my property. I love my home and I am not going anywhere so don't try to make me move. I will be here much longer than you will be! I do know many of the Police officers that work on different shifts and they assured me that they are going to patrolling the area more. If anyone wants to create a neighborhood watch please call city hall and ask to speak with Sgt Gibson and he will talk with you and tell you what you need to do to get this started. He is one of the best police officers around and he will assure you that we can kick this in the butt! I have enjoyed meeting with neighbors that I haven't met yet by phone. Many in this area have been here and settled and don't want things like to happen. We are in strong numbers and we will overcome this.

2 comments:

Amber said...

We have also been targets. We were hit last Wednesday night. I have been very pleased with the patrolling of the officers. Its nice to know that they are around, watching for strange activities.

mrummell said...

my name is Mike rummell and my neighbors where hit in mid day light by two illegal immigrants and I tackled one to the ground and held him until cops arrived. This is not the first time my neighborhood has been hit.