Friday, August 28, 2009

Chickens in the neighborhood.

Hi all
Remember when Gunner went before our town council over a year ago with a proposal to develop codes to allow chickens within town limits? At that time the council responded (besides a few wise cracks) that because no other communities around Smyrna had codes permitting chickens, Smyrna did not need codes allowing chickens.
Looks like the council is about to lose that argument, check out this article in today’s Tennessean. Nashville is well on its way to allow keeping fowl within city limits.

2 comments:

CoolSprings.com said...

I dont think we'll ever see any chickens here in Cool Springs or most places in Williamson County TN for that matter.

Anonymous said...

I live inside of Smyrna city limits but in a country atmosphere. I had a pet rooster a couple years ago before I found out I couldn't have one and before "Charlie" was eaten by something in the night - a city pet possibly - but our neighbors liked his morning crow. I didn't want eggs or a chicken coup - just a little white rooster that had feathers on his feet and kept the bugs out of the yard. Until something decided to eat him without first cooking. Now I can't get another - because now I know the City says no - darn!