Friday, January 23, 2009

Neighborhood watch

I just got off the phone with Sgt Gibson and he stated that if if we wanted to start a neighborhood watch in our area we need to find a date and time and he will come out and talk with us all and set this up. He also stated that many people just want the signs posted up which is still a good thing but in this day and time we need to come together and watch each others back. He did tell me that there isnt any evidence that this was a drive by shooting. Also there are not any know gangs that are organized in our city but there are wannabe. Teens that want to be gang members but aren't. If any of you want a meeting with him for the area in concern please leave me a comment or email me at bearroller9640 at yahoo dot com and I will set this up. Let me know either way what you want to do. Either a sign or an actual watch! thanks again for reading This is Smyrna!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My neighbor has volunteered her home to hold a meeting. I'm for the real neighborhood watch.

mark said...

Ok I did talk to David and he and I are both for the real watch...since most of us in the area are older and the homes are nice homes that we are all proud of I think this is the best way to go.

mark said...

What night of the week would everyone want to meet Sgt Gibson? Any night is fine with me since my days off vary! let me know in comments and the time would be around 7pm so everyone would be home from work unless you all decide differently. let me know neighbors!

Anonymous said...

Monday nights are not good for me. My son has scouts. I could make arrangements to get him there if it really needs to be a Monday though. I asked the neighbor who volunteered her home, and she's fine most any night except Friday or Saturday. Did Sgt. Gibson have a preference?

David The Good said...

I can do a Tuesday, a Thursday or a Friday.

David The Good said...

And instead of the regular neighborhood watch sign, why don't we show 'em we're serious?

I'll make a sign with a spray-paint-wielding vandal in the cross-hairs of a rifle!

Actually, maybe the regular sign will do...