Wayne Blair is running for the Rutherford County School Board of District 4.
Mr. Blair is a karate instructor at for the Smyrna Martial Arts Academy which holds classes at the Smyrna Town Center three days a week. According to Mr. Blair's flier,
"I am who I am in large measure because of the quality education I received while attending Rutherford County Schools. Where children are involved we may only have one chance to get it right. The decisions we make today will have a continuing impace on all Rutherford County children."
He goes on to write:
If elected I will...
- create a professional and cooperative environment with school board members and county commissioners.
- demand consistent school zones with a socioeconomic balance.
- research innovative designs that make the building of new facilities more cost efficient.
- insist that safety in Rutherford County Schools is the top priority.
- require that taxpayer dollars are spent responsibly.
- lived in Rutherford County for 46 years.
- served as a community representative to various school board committees for three different directors.
- held the office of president for two local Rotary Clubs and three local Parent Teacher Organizations.
- 52 years old.
- a husband and a father.
- the vice president of one of Rutherford County's oldest insurance firms, Raborn Insurance.
- a member of the Smyrna Church of Christ.
- a graduate of Smyrna High School.
- the owner of Smyrna Martial Arts.