Sunday, July 2, 2006

On the Subject of Buying Houses in the Smyrna/Rutherford County Area

I'm still debating on purchasing a house. Here's my delimma. There is a possibility that in the coming two months I might be able to put some considerable amount of money down on a home. With that being said, my options go from around $119k to probably $150k. Here's where I struggle. Just because you can buy something, doesn't mean you should.

What opinion do you have on buying new vs. used? Do you have any idea on the appreciation of real estate as it relates to newer homes vs. older homes? I found a lovely home on the La Vergne/Smyrna border. The middle school has a Smyrna address and the Primary school has a La Vergne address for about $119k. However, a friend of mine is purchasing a brand new home and was able to pick out the colors for $147k. Her's is part brick and part vinyl. I could be saving loads of money by buying the older home, which was built in 1976 or I could buy something brand new. Choices!

Also, does anyone have any opinions on builders? Centex, Ole South, Greenvale? Any others that I forgot? Speak to me Rutherford County. Your opinion counts.

No comments: