Sunday, July 2, 2006

Smyrna,TN's 4th of July Celebration

In case you didn't read my earlier post, or even if you did and forgot about it, last night was Smyrna, TN's 4th of July celebration. It was a gorgeous evening. Not too hot and not too buggy.

I've not noticed too many mosquitos. I don't know if anyone else feels that way or not.

Anyway, this year was the first year that I sat in the park. Sitting near the basketball court made for an interesting acoustic experience when the fireworks were going off. There was plenty of food being sold by places like Domino's, Arby's and other joints around town.

There were inflatables for the kids to play on and a blackhawk helicopter, which my son thought was the coolest thing and a rock climbing wall. Of course there were the vendors walking around selling their usual trinkets.

As soon as I can get my pics off the camera, I will post. Were you there? Post your comments here!

No comments: