Thursday, November 9, 2006

Stuck On The Tracks

I drive home by way of the round a bout on Front Street. I've been thinking about the lady who recently died in the horrible collision up near Crosslin Lumber. James had said that there was rumor that her car died and I thought, well, get out! Tonight, for the first time in my travels home, I encountered the train.

I can't tell you the number of times that I've seen cars stop on those track while waiting for the light to turn. I absolutely refuse. And so, tonight, I waited and to my surprise the lights came on and the bells started dinging and I promise you it was only 8 to 10 seconds before the train came speeding by. So, I can certainly understand how one might not have time enough to get out of the way of a moving train if your car were to stall and die on the tracks.

Please use caution when crossing the tracks. I was horrified, really, when I realized how quickly the train came.

No comments: