Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Who called us?

With today being election day a plague of 800 calls to people attempting to get them to vote for, or against, a person or issue may slow down. Until next election.

These calls were mentioned previously by dailydiablogger. Supposedly CNN said some were being used to make others look bad.

I received a call a week or so ago and decided to follow up on who sent it. The phone message was automated and was a recording of our own Governor Bredesen. His recording asked me to support a certain politician. A politician I had no interest in.

Now who sent it is interesting. My caller ID said.
800-260-9125
A simple Google search found me a link to whocalledus.us. A website just for calls like this.

What had been recorded, and mapped on the page for 800-260-9125 said it belonged to a company called TCG.

The people on the page even was able to identify suspects, and figure out who likely is making the calls.

If you get a call I would recommend going to whocalledus and checking it out.

No comments: