Monday, August 18, 2008



A big hello to Smyrna and our two new posters. David has already started off with a fine post on the fire department, and soon the Village Farmer will follow suit.

This week the town government has scheduled only one meeting
Parks Advisory Board: August 19, 2008 - 6:00 PM
The board of zoning appeals was cancelled due to no applications. My meeting last week in the Storm Water advisory committee brought to my attention that I do not know Robert's rules at all. Our chair resigned and as vice-chair I was the one who ran it, and boy did I screw up error out a lot. I'm going to have to watch a few more town council meetings to see the game play from a different angle. Luckily new officers will be elected and I have already put forward the name of a member who has been on another towns council and is experienced.

But back to Smyrna

In local events.
Murfreesboro Symphony Concert: Retro Madness!
August 22, 2008
Held at the World Outreach Church, Murfreesboro. The Murfreesboro Symphony Orchestra presents an encore performance of last season's hit concert with music from the Beatles. Contact: Murfreesboro Symphony, (615) 898-1862
Tickets are $36 for adults, so be warned.

In Smyrna proper at the Sam Davis home we have a nice one planned
Dinner and Movie Night
August 23, 2008
Held at the Sam Davis Home, 1399 Sam Davis Road, Smyrna. Enjoy a classic Southern film and meal when you visit the Sam Davis Home for the Dinner and Movie Night. Please call for details about movie and evening events. Admission will be charged. Reservations required. Contact: Sam Davis Home, (615) 459-2341
Kids are back in school, and my school year starts in a few days also. Life is good...and busy.

Well that seems to be it for this week in Smyrna. If you have an activity or event you would like mentioned please contact me by email or in comments and I will do what I can.

NOTE: Small correction to the information on the Murfreesboro Concert.

3 comments:

David The Good said...

I hope that "classic Southern film" isn't Deliverance.

Gunner said...

"Birth of a Nation" perhaps?

David The Good said...

My gosh - you're hilariously wicked. My wife and I are cracking up.