Monday, August 25, 2008



The week has just started and already I am in the midst of a major headache due to school. This last week ALL my classes were removed from my schedule, thus I had to reregister, then I went to purchase books Saturday, but a letter of credit was missing so I had to return today, but the lady pulled wrong ones and forgot two so I will need to go back for a third time. Money is short, my temper is shorter, and I'm feeling frayed.

Let us return to the subject on hand.

The town governments meetings this week are as such:Next Town Council Workshop is: August 28, 2008 - 7:00 PM That's it.

In local events you might want to go purchase tickets for the Wings of Freedom Fish Fry. The Rotary club website has the following.
Wings of Freedom Fish Fry
September 13, 2008
Corporate Flight Management Hanger, Smyrna Airport
Dance to the music of The Boomers
View Corporate flight aircraft
Enjoy the music of The Francis Family
And as always enjoy the food, refreshments and hospitality!

Tickets are $40.00 and on sale now at these locations:

First Bank of Smyrna
417 South Lowry St.
Smyrna, TN 37167

Gils Ace Hardware
415 Nissan Dr.
Smyrna, TN 37167

First TN Bank
305 West Northfield Blvd.
Murfreesboro, TN 37129

Rutherford Chamber of Commerce
Contact Susan Sams 893-6565
I went to the last one and enjoyed myself greatly.

a fine educational historical event:
Fighting for Home and Hearth
August 30, 2008 - August 31, 2008
Held at the Stones River National Battlefield, 3501 Old Nashville Highway, Murfreesboro. Visitors will get a chance to watch Confederate infantry demonstrations and hear the stories of local soldiers and their families. Contact: Stones River National Battlefield, (615)893-9501
For the shootist/gun nuts in your life there is this:
Tennessee State Cowboy Mounted Shooting Championship Show
August 30, 2008 - September 06, 2008
Held at the Tennessee Miller Coliseum, 304-B West Thompson Lane, Murfreesboro, This exciting and fast action sport will keep you and the family entertained. Combining the skill and accuracy of target shooting with the speed of a horse, riders take aim while putting their horses through courses. Free admission. Contact: (615) 494-8961
This is Smyrna, TN. will be slowing down a bit as I will need to get a handle on this semester. I'll still post, just less then normal.

No comments: